Saturday, June 9, 2007

Kettle Corn



Summer is here and I am slacking something terrible! Our meals have been less than inspiring but we have had a few tasty snacks at least. Now that all our TV shows are over for the season, we have gone back to watching movies. And what is a movie without some popcorn?


I'd never had kettle corn until I was an adult but now I am hooked. Bill made it this time around (with Kay's help of course) and joked "Aren't you going to take a picture for your blog?" So of course, I did!
Just ignore that mess on the counter. Like I said, it is summer!


Kettle Corn

2 T vegetable oil (if using the Whirly Pop)


1/2 cup popcorn kernels


1/4 cup white sugar


pinch of salt


Have all ingredients ready as well as a bowl before starting. Heat the oil in the Whirly Pop for 2 minutes. Add the sugar and kernels all at once and stir constantly. Once the popping slows, pour immediately into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt.

Kay: I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Mom (Dana): If you are using a regular pot instead of the Whirly Pop, I think you need about 1/4 cup of oil. If you want more of a caramel taster you can use part white sugar and part brown sugar.


I hate to admit it but I can probably eat a whole batch of this by myself!


4 comments:

Letty said...

Hello, I just happend to come across your blog and I made the kettle corn right away! We were just siting down for a movie and I was thinking of something to make...suddenly I clicked "next blog" and yours came up! It was delicious! Thanks for the post.

Champsleeve said...

What great timing! I'm glad I could help!

-Dana

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Hi Kay & Dana,
I have added a link to you on my blog! I don't know why I didn't do it sooner!

Champsleeve said...

Thank Holler! I keep meaning to update my links but haven't had a chance.

Dana