Friday, April 17, 2009

Fettuccine Alfredo





Kay and I have both been on spring break this week. Normally this is a fun week, especially when her birthday falls in the middle of it like it did this year. Unfortunately for Kay, she also had to get two teeth pulled, go to the eye doctor and to the orthodontist! Plus the weather was terrible up until yesterday. To make up for this though she is having 3 birthday celebrations including a slumber party this weekend so don't feel too sorry for her.


On her birthday, I let her pick the meal. I was positive she would pick gnocchi but in a surprise move she picked fettuccine alfredo instead. Everyone seems to like this and it is my friend Lisa's favorite out of all my recipes. It is not at all healthy though! Obviously it is pretty much pure dairy so I ate a frozen dinner instead but Bill and Kay enjoyed it.

Fettuccine Alfredo

12 oz fettuccine
1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons fresh parsley

Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions.

In a medium sauce pan, melt the margarine. Gradually stir in the cheese and then the cream. Stir until well blended. Continue heating sauce, stirring constantly until it boils.

Combine the noodles, sauce and parsley.

Kay: I like the fettuccine a lot. I would rather have the parsley only on top instead of mixed in though. For my birthday my parents gave me a Wii and then I got money from my relatives so I bought some games yesterday.

Mom (Dana): This always looks like a disaster but it does eventually come together. If the cheese is really gloppy, a whisk helps.

3 comments:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Happy birthday Kay! Your birthday dish looks delicious. I would have shared it too :)

I made the same dish a few weeks ago, but added mushrroms and fine beans to mine. It was delish too!

Mickle in NZ said...

Dear Kay - What a horrible lead up to your birthday. Pleased you got to make and eat such yummy food to make up for it.

The cake and the birthday Girl both look beautiful.

Dear Dana - super welldone. I hope your own food was yummy too.

Care and huggles to all the humans and pets in your household,

Mickle and Zebbycat, xxxx

Kay said...

Thank you! My birtyday was AWESOME! My cake was AWESOME too! I also had cupcakes for my birthday party with my friends. They were choco with vanilla glaze and vanilla with choco frosting.

-Kay