Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cinnamon Palmiers by Kay

This Saturday, my friend, Anna, came over and Mom had Cinnamon Palmiers in the oven. Anna and I were doing our homework and then she spotted my new voice alarm. We started to scream in it and held down the play button. We laughed so hard, Anna fell when she was trying to get to the bathroom.

Then Mom said that the palmiers were ready. She made about 15 of them and there were none left when I wanted one 2 hours later. Anna had about 3 because she liked them so much. I knew what regular palmiers tasted like so I knew I would like them. I think next time we make them, we should roll chocolate chips in them and then put cinnamon on top of them.

Cinnamon Palmiers Recipe by Kay

1 package of puff pastry, thawed
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Pre heat oven to 450 degrees. Open puff pastry and roll lightly with rolling pin to seal the seams. Spread the cinnamon sugar mixture over the pastry. Lightly roll with the rolling pin to seal it into the dough.

Fold 1 long side to the middle. Fold the other long side to meet in the middle with the other side. Now fold in half again so the 2 folds are on top of each other.

Slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Place on pan with cut side up. Bake 6 minutes. Flip the cookies and bake 4 more minutes.

Mom(Dana)- This recipe is for a full package of puff pastry. I only made half a recipe this weekend. These are really good. Bill said they needed more sugar but then he ate most of them!

No comments: