Sunday, September 16, 2007

The most unbelievable chocolate dessert ever!!

Seriously, this dessert is amazing! I love chocolate. It is definitely my favorite food. I could have passed out on on the spot, this tasted so good!

We were watching "Nigella Feasts" tonight during dinner and I have never seen her make anything that I would want to recreate. Then this dessert came on and I thought, "well, it is chocolate and I have all those ingredients". This is so chocolaty and rich and gooey and amazing!!

I've mentioned before that Bill doesn't really like chocolate very much. As soon as I tasted this (and regained the ability to speak) I turned to Kay and said, "Daddy will not like this." Much to our shock, he came out and asked if he could have the extra one (it made 4 and there are only 3 of us). We were shocked. I wasn't even able to finish it! Here is my bowl. I was very sad to leave any but it was just too overwhelming!


It is kind of like a brownie stuffed with pudding type thing. Try to eat it when it is straight out of the oven. It might burn your mouth but it is worth it!

Yum yum yum!

Butter 4 ramekins and place them on a cookie sheet. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

In a double boiler, melt 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) and 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to cool about 5 minutes.

In bowl, whisk two eggs. Add 3/4 cup sugar and then 3 tablespoons flour. Fold the chocolate mixture into this.

Pour the mixture into the ramekins and bake 20 minutes.

Kay: These were fun and easy to make. They were really hot though. Usually my dad thinks things are too chocolaty but this time I did!

Mom (Dana): I know you have all these ingredients on hand. Go make them now!! (I promise we aren't eating only desserts right now. The "real" food just hasn't been able to compete with the desserts!)

2 comments:

javagirlkt's cookin' said...

WOW. This looks so good. I saw the episode where Nigella made these, and now your blog has convinced me to try them :)

Champsleeve said...

I don't think you will be disappointed!!

-Dana